Contact by Text
TEXTSHIRE: 07624 802 722
You can report the following using the TEXTSHIRE service:
- Road Defects
- Street Light Faults
- Recycling Points (full or damaged)
- Fly-tipping (dumping of waste)
- Abandoned vehicles
- Dog waste bins (full or damaged)
How to use the service:
- Save number 07624 802 722 as TEXTSHIRE on your mobile phone
- Send details of the issue to this number.
Tips for sending messages:
- Prefix your message with the reason you are sending the text. (i.e. Road, Light, Flytip);
- Be as descriptive as possible;
- Provide a specific location;
Examples of a good message:
- Vehicle: Abandoned at side of road on A93 between Banchory and Drumoak
- Fly Tipping: Fridge freezer dumped in layby on A97 on leaving Aberchirder towards Huntly
Emergencies should still be reported to Grampian Police. However non-urgent cases can be reported to TEXTSHIRE so the Council can deal them with effectively.
The cost of sending a text will be dependent on the mobile phone tariff you use but Aberdeenshire Council will not make any additional charge.