Property Vacant for Care Purposes
If your property is left unoccupied because you are caring for someone in their home or you have gone to someone's home to be cared for you may be exempt from Council Tax.
To qualify for a reduction you must leave your home to either:
- Go to someone's home to be cared for as a patient (Patient goes to Carer's home)
- Go to someone's home to care for them as a carer (Carer goes to Patient's home)
The reason for requiring care must be one of the following:
- Reasons of age (elderly person)
- Past or present alcohol abuse
- Past or present mental disorder
To apply for an exemption, please complete the following form.