Change in Circumstances
- Alternatively, you can use the downloadable Change of Address Form (pdf 277 kb)
- Downloadable Incoming Tenancy Form (pdf 60 kb)
- Downloadable Outgoing Tenancy Form (pdf 60 kb)
It is very important that you notify us of any change in your circumstances which affects the amount of Council Tax you are due to pay.
By doing so it allows us to ensure the information held by us is up to date and accurate at all times, ensuring the amount of Council Tax you are asked to pay is correct.
Examples of changes which should be reported are as follows:
- If you change address, i.e. if you sell your home, or end a tenancy
- If individuals move into or out of your home - even for a short period of time
- If you move into a property which is subject to an empty property discount or exemption
- If you, or a member of your household falls into one of the ‘disregarded’ categories, for example is a student, an apprentice, or a carer.
How to register for Council Tax
If you have moved/moving into the Aberdeenshire area then you will need to contact us to register for Council Tax.
This can be done by:
- Completing a Change of Address Form
- Contacting your Council Tax Team
- Visiting one of our Council Tax Offices
If you would like to notify us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact your Council Tax Team who will help with your enquiry.