Bridge Street CARS (Banff)
Bridge Street CARS commenced in 2014 and will complete in March 2019. A grant of £500,000 is available to the Council, provided by Scottish Ministers via Historic Scotland. This will assist the conservation and restoration of property in Bridge Street and help enhance and preserve the character and quality of its built heritage.
Five major conservation projects are envisaged and a grant scheme to support small projects is established.
Further information on the restoration of the former Smiddy (also known as The Meal House) can be found below. Further details of the proposed Silversmithing Centre at the site can be found in the Consultants Report below.
- The Old Smiddy (Meal House) Project Update (1952 kb)
- The Meal House, Banff: A Centre for Silversmithing (2474 kb)
Details are available through the following links:
- Bridge Street CARS Leaflet (1.31 MB)
- Bridge Street CARS Handout (372 KB)
- Bridge Street CARS Small Grant Application Form (131 KB)
To discuss the Banff Bridge Street CARS Project further, please contact the Project Manager, Kirsty Conti on 01261 813217 or email email@example.com