Low cost homes for sale
Low cost homes for sale are new properties secured through negotiations with private developers. They are aimed primarily at first time buyers or people with an exceptional change of circumstance.
Low cost homes for sale are aimed at people on relatively modest incomes who wish to own their own home but who cannot afford to pay the full price for a house.
To be eligible for this scheme you need to meet the following criteria:
- First time buyers - although the scheme can also help people who have had a significant change in their household circumstances or people who are disabled and own a house that does not suit their needs.
- People who have a relatively modest income and can prove they would not be able to purchase a home to suit their needs without help on the open market. Savings and capital are taken into account.
- Priority is given to people who are either tenants or waiting list applicants of Aberdeenshire council or of a registered social landlord.
- Preference is also given to people who have a local connection to the area, for example live, work or have family there.
Your financial circumstances will be assessed, including your income, capital and personal savings, to prove you are eligible.
Applicants for low cost homes for sale are prioritised in the following order:
- Tenants of Aberdeenshire Council or registered social landlords (known as housing associations) who have a local connection to the town / village - for example currently live, work, or have family in the town.
- Waiting list applicants of Aberdeenshire Council or registered social landlords who have a local connection to the town / village - for example currently live, work or have family in the town - and have requested that town / village as an area in which they wish to be rehoused.
- Tenants of Aberdeenshire Council or registered social landlords from other areas of Aberdeenshire without a local connection to the town / village.
- Waiting list applicants of Aberdeenshire Council or registered social landlords from other areas of Aberdeenshire without a local connection to the town / village.
If you are interested in any of the affordable housing for sale you can either contact the Affordable Housing team for more information or you can complete the relevant application form and return it to the address specified.
For further information, please see our Low cost homes for sale questions and answers leaflet or contact your local Housing office.
Tel: 01467 534685 - Garioch, Banff and Buchan
Tel: 01467 539457 - Formartine and Buchan
Tel: 01467 533027 - Marr, Kincardine and Mearns