Private landlord registration
All private landlords are legally required to be registered with their local authority. The landlord needs provide personal details, a list of all let properties and the name and address of any letting agent used. Letting agents are not obliged to register separately, but are encouraged to do so.
You can apply online. The registration fee is 55, plus a fee of 11 per property. There's a 10% discount for applying on-line. Registration lasts for three years. Or you can complete and return our application forms:
- Landlord registration application (pdf 72.1kb)
- Landlord registration joint owner application (pdf 61.3kb)
- Landlords legal obligations (pdf 41kb)
The Scottish Government's guidance notes for local authorities may be useful for landlords to help clarify inclusions and exemptions.
To renew your registration please use these forms. This needs to be done before your registration expiry date if you're continuing to rent out the property:
- Landlord registration renewal application (pdf 73kb)
- Landlord registration joint owner renewal application (pdf 62kb)
If you've got a registration number and want to add a property to your portfolio, please use this form:
For more information or advice call 01467 534853 or email email@example.com