Joining and using your library
Joining your library is easy and it's free.
- Use the online form if aged 16 years and over
- You will receive a letter with an address confirmation code. Login at the Library catalogue within 21 days and confirm the account by entering the address confirmation code to access our online services
- Bring the letter to your library if you wish to obtain a membership card to borrow books from the library
Joining at your local library
- Enquire at the library desk
- Joining at your library requires proof of your name and address, such as a driving licence or utilities bill.
If you are under the age of 16 and wish to join, your parent or guardian must sign your library card.
What can I borrow?
Once you have a library card you can borrow:
- Borrow eight books
- Borrow eight non-book items such as DVDs or CDs
- Borrow ten e-books or e-audiobooks from the Digital Library
- Download e-magazines and music
It does not cost anything to borrow books but there is a hire charge for borrowing some non-book items.
If you get a message saying that your membership has expired please contact your library who will renew your membership for a further period. This happens so that we can ensure that your contact details are up-to-date.