Fast Assessment Building Warrant (FABWS)
Aberdeenshire Council offer a Fast Assessment Service for Building Warrant applications for domestic work with an estimated cost of less than £10,000 such as:
- Minor alterations to the layout of a dwelling, which require Building Warrant approval
- Installation of roof lights
- Installation of patio or french doors
- Garden fences or walls, which require Building Warrant approval
A Building Standards Surveyor will decide whether the work is eligible for consideration under this service.
Arrange an appointment with a Building Standards Surveyor and bring:
- A completed and signed Application for Building Warrant (Form A)
- Three copies of sufficiently detailed drawings
- Structural Certification if necessary
- The appropriate building warrant fee
- The Building Standards Surveyor checks the proposal for compliance with the Technical Standards
- Amendments may be completed during the appointment, or you may be provided with a list of requirements and a further meeting will be arranged
- The completed proposals are forwarded for the relevant approval documentation to be processed. Approval may take up to five days and is valid for three years.
- The documents will be mail out or can be collected when ready. In some cases it may be possible to obtain approval the same day.
- You inform us when work begins and when it is completed, using the forms within the approval pack.
- You are contacted to arrange inspection.
For more information please contact your local Building Standards Surveyor