You have two options for submitting your application:
Apply Online - using the Scottish Government e-planning portal.
Apply in Paper - downloadable forms are listed below. These should be submitted to our E-Planning Team, Aberdeenshire Council, Viewmount, Arduthie Road, Stonehaven, AB39 2DQ.
Planning Application and Other Consent Forms
- Householder Application
- Full Planning Permission
- Planning Permission in Principle
- Approval of Matters Specified in Conditions
- Mineral Workings Application
- Listed Building Consent
- Conservation Area Consent
- Advertisement Consent
- Prior Notification
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Existing
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Proposed
- Tree Works Application
- Modification or Discharge of Planning Obligation
- High Hedge Application
- Pre-Application Screening Notice
- Proposal of Application Notice
- Pre-Application Local Development
- Do I Need Planning Permission?
- Planning Processing Agreement
- Householder Application Form
- Householder Application Guidance Note
- Householder Application Checklist (pdf 27Kb)
Planning Permission - for Full Planning Permission (except householder development), Planning Permission in Principle, Approval of Matters Specified in Conditions (AMSC), Applications for Mineral Workings and any Further Application relating to renewal or variation of planning permission.
- Planning Permission Form
- Planning Permission Guidance Note
- Full Planning Permission Checklist (pdf 40Kb)
- Planning Permission in Principle Checklist (pdf 23Kb)
- AMSC Checklist (pdf 30Kb)
- Mineral Working Checklist (pdf 31Kb)
- Supporting Information Checklist (pdf 204Kb)
- Transport Assessment Form (pdf 42Kb)
- Providing Drainage for New Development Where Public Sewers are not Available (pdf 162Kb)
- Certificate for Proposed Foul Water Sub-Surface Soakaway (pdf 49Kb)
- Listed Building Consent Form
- Listed Building Consent Guidance Note
- Listed Building Consent Checklist (pdf 27Kb)
- Advertisement Consent Form
- Advertisement Consent Guidance Note
- Advertisement Consent Checklist (pdf 21Kb)
Prior Notification - to notify the planning authority of proposals to build or significantly alter/extend a farm or forestry building, install a domestic micro-wind turbine or air-source heat pump, or to demolish a building.
Certificate of Lawfulness for Existing Use or Development -to obtain a decision from the planning authority on whether planning permission is required for existing building works or development that have previously taken place.
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Existing Use Form
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Existing Use Guidance Note
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Proposed Use Form
- Certificate of Lawfulness - Proposed Use Guidance Note
The following applications must be submitted by post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre Application Forms and Other Forms
Major Applications Pre-Application Consultation - to notify the planning authority of any proposed major/national development (if you are unsure whether the development is a major/national development use the Pre-Application Screening Notice, before submitting the Proposal of Application Notice).
Local Developments Pre-Application Enquiry Form - If you are proposing a local development which includes most development not associated with the alterations or extension of an existing house please use the Pre-Application Enquiry Form Local Development (pdf 460kb) and attach appropriate plans or supporting information with your enquiry. Local Developments can include but is not limited to most smaller wind energy proposals (up to 20MW), anything from a single house to under 50 houses, conversions of non residential buildings, changes of use or other small to medium scale business and industrial proposals (as defined in the Hierarchy of Development).
- Pre-Application Enquiry Form Local Development (pdf 460kb)
- Greater transparency in decision-making
- Greater predictability and certainty with timescales
- Faster decision-making
- Clearer lines of communication between authority and applicant
- More effective and earlier engagement of key stakeholders
We encourage the use processing agreements, preferably agreed prior to submission, for all major applications and for local developments that are likely to prove contentious within smaller communities. Read the Aberdeenshire Processing Agreement Template (pdf 94kb) or contact the Planning Department for further information.