Oldmeldrum Disc Parking
Parking in Oldmeldrum’s town centre, Cowgate and The Square Car Parks is limited to two hours, to help free-up parking and boost visitor numbers to local shops. Users are required to display a parking disc.
The discs are free to obtain and use, and aim to better manage the availability of parking in the town.
Waiting times are only restricted between 8am and 6pm Monday to Saturday.
Residents permits are not available.
Discs can be collected, free of charge, from the following local businesses:
- The Meldrum cafe
- Meldrum pharmacy
- Key store
- Hair @ The Square
- The Paper Shoppe
- Stewart and Watson
- JG Ross
- Presly and Co family butcher
- Oldmeldrum dental practice
- Meldrum Fish Bar
Discs are provided by, and remain the property of Aberdeenshire council.
Motorists are required to display the re-usable parking disc, setting it to show their time of arrival. Vehicles can stay in the car parks for a maximum of two hours, and will be subject to an Excess Charge Notice (ECN) if this is not observed. There will be active monitoring of the car parks by car park operatives.
Parking in the Baker Street and Commercial Road car parks will not require parking discs.
How to use discs
- On parking set the disc to the time of arrival
- Display the disc inside the front windscreen or side window
You will commit an offence if:
- you park and fail to display a disc
- you indicate a false time of arrival or subsequently alter it
- you fail to remove the vehicle on expiry of the permitted time
If an offence is committed an Excess Charge Notice will be incurred.
Parking fines (Excess Charge Notices)
An Excess Charge of £60 will apply in the case of:
- failure to correctly set and display a parking disc
- overstaying the permitted parking period
- parking outwith a marked bay
- unauthorised use of bay marked for disabled use
Payment options and discounts can be found on the reverse of the Excess Charge Notice.