View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Community Learning and Development - coronavirus
During the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Community Learning and Development (CLD) services are still available to support community groups and individuals. We continue to develop new approaches to reach learners and communities:
- We have moved a range of services online, including group ESOL classes for adult learners and one to one support and mentoring to learners
- Training for volunteers has also been delivered online
- Online support sessions with individual young people, youth forums and youth platforms are ongoing
- Staff have been working with the Aberdeenshire Alcohol and Drugs Partnership (ADP) Forums to ensure that recovery and support groups continue to meet online regularly
- Support to food distribution hubs in various locations is taking place
- We are connected with local strategic groups through community planning and with third sector partners such as Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action (AVA) in order to meet emerging needs
- In addition, our CLD staff is deployed in key support activities such as staffing the school hubs for key workers, operating helplines and providing cover in care settings across Aberdeenshire
If you are an existing or new group and would like some support to help you meet your objectives or to respond to the current situation, or if you are an individual who would like to know more about our learning and support services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can have this information translated via contactSCOTLAND-BSL, the online British Sign Language interpreting service.