Council's political make up
Aberdeenshire Council is made up of 70 elected councillors. They represent the 19 wards within the authority area. 6 wards have 3 councillors each and 13 wards have 4 councillors.
The 70 councillors make up the following groups:
- 3 - Alba Party
- 10 - Aligned Independent
- 19 - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- 2 - Democratic Independent and Green Group
- 4 - Independent
- 1 - Scottish Labour
- 13 - Scottish Liberal Democrat
- 1 - Scottish Libertarian Party
- 16 - Scottish National Party
- 1 - Unaligned Independent
View a list of all councillors.