Council's political make up
Aberdeenshire Council is made up of 70 elected councillors. They represent the 19 wards within the authority area. 6 wards have 3 councillors each and 13 wards have 4 councillors.
The 70 councillors make up the following groups:
- 11 - Aligned Independent
- 16 - Conservative
- 2 - Democratic Independent and Green Group
- 3 - Independent
- 1 - Scottish Labour
- 14 - Scottish Liberal Democrat
- 18 - Scottish National Party
- 1 - Unaligned
- 1 - Unaligned Independent
- 1 - Vacant (Ellon and District ward by-election)
View a list of all councillors.