The Business Services directorate is responsible for ensuring the good governance of the council. It provides a range of essential services to Aberdeenshire residents and other stakeholders, the Council and its many services.
These services cover Legal and Financial advice, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Customer Service, Procurement, Internal Audit, Human Resources and Corporate Communications, Property and Facilities Management.
The service also provides a range of services direct to the public, including:
- Registration of births, deaths and marriages
- Customer service, providing a front line service to all customers of the Council
- Collection of council tax and other income
- Integrated benefits
- Providing rebates for council tax payers and rent payers on low incomes
- Advice to suppliers on tendering for council contracts
- Running elections
- Licensing of premises and events
More information on the teams within this Service: