Scottish Parliamentary Election 2021
A Scottish Parliamentary Election will be held on Thursday, 6th May 2021.
For further information about the Scottish Parliament Election, please contact our Elections team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of Election for the Banffshire and Buchan Coast, Aberdeenshire East and Aberdeenshire West constituencies (pdf 74KB)
- Notice of Election for the North East Scotland Region (pdf 69KB)
Appointment of election agents
View Notices of Appointment of Election Agents:
- Notice of Appointment of Election Agents - Aberdeenshire East (pdf 16KB)
- Notice of Appointment of Election Agents - Aberdeenshire West (pdf 61KB)
- Notice of Appointment of Election Agents - Banffshire and Buchan Coast (pdf 17KB)
- Notice of Election Agents Names for the North East Scotland Region (pdf 77KB)
Notice of poll and situation of polling stations
View Notice of poll and situation of polling stations:
- Notice of poll and situation of polling stations - Aberdeenshire East (pdf 86KB)
- Notice of poll and situation of polling stations - Aberdeenshire West (pdf 89KB)
- Notice of poll and situation of polling stations - Banffshire and Buchan Coast (pdf 87KB)
- Notice of Poll for the North East Scotland Region (pdf 110KB)
Deadline for submitting the nomination papers has passed at 4pm on Wednesday, 31st March 2021.
A Scottish Parliamentary Briefing for candidates and agents at the constituency elections was held on Wednesday, 10th March 2021.
Applications for voter registration, voting by post or proxy
If your query relates to whether you are on the electoral register or if you wish to apply for a postal or proxy vote, please contact the Electoral Registration Officer.
This election will be open to all electors aged 16 or over on 6th May 2021 who are resident and registered to vote in Scotland.
If you have not already applied to have your name added to the electoral register, or have recently changed address and have not updated your registration details, please do so as soon as possible. Do not leave applications to the last minute.
Delivering postal ballot packs
The first run of postal ballot packs will be dispatched to Royal Mail from Wednesday 14th April 2021.
Priority post boxes, originally introduced to help with the collection and delivery of COVID-19 test kits, will be available for voters to use for sending their postal votes. Find out more about priority post box locations and operating times.
|Register to vote||Midnight 19th April 2021|
|New, amend or cancel postal vote or postal proxy vote||5pm 6th April 2021|
|Amend or cancel proxy vote||Midnight 20th April 2021|
|New application for proxy vote||5pm 27th April 2021|
|Emergency proxy vote||5pm 6th May 2021|