Issues with our phones
We are having intermittent issues with our phone lines. We are working with our suppliers to resolve them. If you can't get through please hang up and re-dial. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Voters with a Disability
The following assistance is available for people with disabilities:
If you need assistance with registering to vote, LARGE PRINT documentation is available on request. You can also adjust the size of the text on these web pages by clicking on the Font button at the top of the page.
During the annual canvass there is a freephone and internet service which allows you to re-confirm your details without having to fill in any forms.
If you need assistance with voting, you will find that most Polling Stations are equipped with:
- A ramp to provide easier access to the building for those with impaired mobility (eg wheelchair users).
- A polling booth suitable for wheelchair users.
- A large print ballot paper to assist partially sighted voters.
- A device to enable blind or partially sighted voters to vote unaided.
- It is also worth noting that a voter who cannot read or who may have a physical disability and who is unable to vote without assistance can be helped by a companion or by the staff within the Polling Station.
Facilities also exist, of course, for electors to vote by post or to appoint someone to vote on their behalf, should they so wish.
Election Unit, Aberdeenshire Council, Woodhill House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB16 5GB
Telephone 01224 665119