Mobile community testing is being offered across Aberdeenshire. Community Testing is the name for the testing programme for people who do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
It is estimated that 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not display symptoms and therefore some people will be spreading the virus without realising it. Testing without symptoms is entirely voluntarily. By visiting a Mobile Community Testing Centre and taking a rapid lateral flow test, residents will be able to better protect their family, colleagues and the wider community by ensuring they are not spreading the virus to others without knowing it.
You can also collect packs of personal home lateral flow test kits from the Mobile Community Testing Centres.
In some places we will be running additional pop-up or collect only sites.
You do not need an appointment to take a lateral flow test at a Mobile Community Testing Centre.
You should not attend any of these centres if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms
- Have had a positive test in the last 90 days
- Are currently self-isolating as a close contact
We will use these testing facilities to support NHS colleagues to manage localised outbreaks, so locations and times may change at short notice. It is important that our system can be flexible to help support a Grampian-wide COVID-19 response.
For more information about testing, for those with or without symptoms, go to the NHS Inform website.
Testing locations can change at short notice. Please check the latest timetable below to find out about our testing and collection locations.
Monday 29th November:
Tuesday 30th November:
Wednesday 1st December:
Thursday 2nd December:
- Peterhead, Maiden Street Car Park - 10am to 3pm
- Mintlaw, Simpson Garden Centre (collect only) - 10am to 3pm
- Westhill Shopping Centre (collect only) - 10am to 3pm
- Kintore, Forest Road Car Park (collect only) - 1pm to 3pm
Friday 3rd December:
- Fraserburgh, Maconochie House - 10am to 3pm
- Oldmeldrum Market Square (collect only) - 10am to 3pm
- Inverurie Fire Station (collect only) - 10am to 3pm
- Ellon Market Street Shelter (collect only) - 10am to 3pm