View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Who to call if you are concerned about flooding
- For flood warnings, phone Floodline 0345 988 11 88
- In an emergency where there is a threat to public safety, call emergency service 999 and ask for Fire or Coastguard
- For help with flood defences (eg sandbags):
- Aberdeen City Council - Tel: 01224 522000
- Aberdeenshire Council - Tel: Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5pm: 03456 081205 and Police Scotland on 101 all hours at the weekend
Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire councils also manage the emergency planning function. Officers in the two authorities will bring an emergency plan into operation should there be a major flooding incident.
This plan will coordinate emergency and support services to those affected, including the setting up of reception centres. The Housing services of both authorities have a duty to provide emergency accommodation in the aftermath of such emergencies.