View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.

Moving to smaller accommodation

If you are living in council accommodation, and have at least one spare room, we encourage you to move to a smaller property more suited to your needs. You can apply for a transfer, making larger family sized accommodation available to people on our housing waiting list.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for assistance to help you with the costs of moving to a smaller property.

You can apply for a transfer on-line by going to the Apply4Homes website.

If you want to know if you would be eligible for a grant, please contact your local Housing office before you apply.