Report housing repairs

Reporting non-emergency council house repairs

If the issue poses a threat to someone's safety or could cause significant damage to your building, please report it as an emergency repair.

How to request a repair

If you are in sheltered housing accommodation your Sheltered Housing Officer can help you to arrange repairs.

When requesting a repair you should:

  • Arrange a time when it is convenient for you to be at home
  • Provide a contact number in case we need to contact you
  • Let us know of any disability or impairment that may affect our ability to gain access to the property, so that we can act accordingly

Work may be disrupted if tenants, household members or any of our staff develop symptoms of COVID-19. Please advise us if anything changes before your appointment.

If you are requesting more than one repair, you can do that by completing the form once. The form allows you to select multiple areas that need repair.

Report a non-emergency repair

What happens after

Once you have made arrangements for your repair, there are a number of things you should do to make sure we can carry out our job as quickly, effectively and safely as possible, and to minimise inconvenience to you.

Before we arrive to carry out the work, it is your responsibility to:

  • Make sure there is a responsible person present to allow our operative access to the repair. This person needs to stay for the duration of the repair
  • Clear the area around the repair before our operative arrives to carry out the work. This may include lifting carpets, laminate flooring, clearing work surfaces, emptying cupboards, taking down curtains or moving furniture from the area
  • Keep pets and young children away from the area of the repair whilst work is in progress