The Employment Support Team (EST) is the council's central point for employment support. The team coordinates the Aberdeenshire Employability Partnership, which is geared to help people into work and training.
The EST assists anyone living in Aberdeenshire, who is actively seeking employment or looking to enter education or training to gain full-time or additional employment. We can offer practical assistance if you are returning to the work market after an absence such as raising children or health issues or looking to retrain for a better job.
We offer one to one support from a trained Key Worker, who will assess where you are in the job market, where would you like to be and help plan how we can help you get there.
Everyone has skills, just not everybody realises this. The EST will help you realise your potential by developing your personal plan with milestones to show your progress towards your employment goal.
Our Key Workers are skilled in pre-employment techniques to set you on the road to work readiness through building self-esteem and confidence. They will give practical help and CV completion, getting you signed up for Universal Jobmatch and an email address (if you don't already have one). They will help you with interview techniques, communication skills and personal presentation.
The EST run job clubs throughout Aberdeenshire, where you can access laptops to get online and help in your job search. If you have no computing skills, the Key Worker can offer practical guidance or refer you to our Digital Job Coach for further support.
Types of assistance we offer:
- Internal courses, assisting you back into employment, such as our highly successful Suited, Booted and Recruited course
- Recruitment Centres for incoming organisations (for example, ASDA)
- Sector-based skills academies including Construction Skills (CSCS card), Security Sector (SIA card), Care Sector (all aspects), Hospitality and Tourism (all aspects including Welcome Host)
- Providing information on learning/training and employment opportunities from Partner Agencies
- Support finding affordable and flexible childcare and access to short-term financial help with childcare costs
- Support in finding short-term financial assistance with items such as work clothing, travel and even groceries when you first start work
- Advice about money and benefits