The specific focus of the Arts Education Team is to increase participation by young people in cultural activity by enhancing, developing and promoting arts and cultural activities in Aberdeenshire schools. The team works with a variety of independent artists, arts organisations and national companies to achieve this aim.
Placing high quality arts activities into schools, supporting the curriculum and enhancing and increasing cultural provision.Aberdeenshire Council Arts Education mission statement
The current team has been in place since 2006 and comprises an Arts Education officer.
Youth Music Intiative
Telephone 01224 664604
What does the Arts Education Team do?
- Develop arts and cultural activities specifically for children and young people aged 3-18.
- Design, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate school projects that support and enhance the new Curriculum for Excellence.
- Identify areas of need in arts provision and provide appropriate support.
- Support children and young people by addressing their different learning styles through the arts.
- Support and organise CPD for teachers and arts practitioners, to facilitate greater collaboration and cross discipline working.
- Support artists working within education.
- Offer advice and support to teachers on creativity in education.
- Facilitate information sharing for national arts initiative programmes and schools.
- Raise the profile of the arts in education.