Gardenstown landslip - community updates
The council continues works to deliver option C identified in the Gardenstown Landslide Temporary Landslide Management Options Appraisal. This option comprises preliminary stabilisation of the landslide in the form of soil nailing and meshing to restrict slope movements/degradation and deposition of material behind the existing blockwork wall and onto Harbour Road. The aim of this option is to continue to provide unsupervised road openings.
BAM Ritchies have been employed by Aberdeenshire Council to undertake the design and construction of these preliminary stabilisation measures and Atkins have been appointed by Aberdeenshire Council as contract supervisor for the duration of the works.
120 soil nails were installed in total – 17 vertical nails in the top row and 103 nails in the face of the slope. 11 rolls of TECCO Slope Stabilisation mesh were installed, covering a total area of 1200 square meters.
View more detailed update from 13th June 2018 (pdf 460KB).
- update from 6th June 2018 (pdf 359KB)
- update from 30th May 2018 (pdf 679KB)
- update from 23rd May 2018 (pdf 524KB)
- update from 9th May 2018 (pdf 203KB)
- update from 2nd May 2018 (pdf 203KB)
- update from 17th April 2018 (pdf 506KB)
- update from 4th April 2018 (pdf 493KB)
- update from 23rd March 2018 (pdf 424KB)
- update from 14th March 2018 (pdf 297KB)
- update from 9th March 2018 (pdf 88KB)
- update from 28th February 2018 (pdf 287KB)
- update from 21th February 2018 (pdf 119KB)
- update from 16th February 2018 (pdf 72.5KB)
- update from 9th February 2018 (pdf 74.8KB)
- update from 2nd February 2018 (pdf 73.6KB)
- update from 26th January 2018 (pdf 124KB)
- public meeting notes 17th January 2018 (pdf 196KB)
- update from 20th December 2017(pdf 15.2KB)
- update from 7th December 2017(pdf 128KB)
- update from 6th December 2017(pdf 13KB)