Report an outdoor access issue

Aberdeenshire Council has a statutory duty to assert and protect public rights of responsible access.

First Steps

Waters of PhilorthAs a first step to resolving any access issues we would initially encourage dialogue between the parties concerned. Once you have undertaken the initial dialogue if the issue is not resolved you should contact the Council. When cases prove more difficult to resolve the Council will attempt to find a solution that is satisfactory to all parties.

In all access cases, Aberdeenshire Council will seek an amicable resolution. If this fails then the Council has statutory powers to enforce remedial action and recover any costs incurred.

Reporting a Problem

You can contact Aberdeenshire Council Access staff for advice on any access related issue by phone, email, via online reporting form or in writing using the contact details below.

For issues which require further investigation, the Council use the following procedure:

  • You will be asked to report the issue to us
  • We will acknowledge receipt of the completed form
  • The case will be assessed and allocated for investigation
  • You will be informed about the progress and outcome of the investigation

Report an outdoor access issue

Alternatively you can complete the access issue form (PDF 129KB).

Contact Details

Council Access staff cover the whole of Aberdeenshire; excluding the Cairngorms National Park

Outdoor Access Officer South (covering Garioch, Marr and Kincardine and Mearns)

Outdoor Access Officer South
Planning and Building Standards
Gordon House
Blackhall Road
AB51 3WA
Telephone: 01467 468025

Outdoor Access Officer North (covering Formartine, Buchan and Banff and Buchan)

Outdoor Access Officer Aberdeenshire North
Infrastructure Services
Aberdeenshire Council
Gordon House, Blackhall Road
AB51 3QL
Telephone: 07825 118083