View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Conservation and building adaption
This category focuses on the re-use of existing building stock. The scheme must either demonstrate exceptional standards in the field of conservation or deliver an appropriate new use for a previously underutilised structure through renovation, restoration or re-development. It should bring new life into the property whilst retaining its character and interest.
Entries must have been completed within the past two years.
The 2020 judging panel:
- The Chair and Vice Chair of Infrastructure Services Committee
- The President of the Aberdeen Society of Architects
- A Senior Casework Officer from Historic Environment Scotland
- A Scottish Natural Heritage Landscape Policy and Advice Officer
- A senior lecturer from the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture
- Final year architecture student at the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture and Joint President of the 57°10 Architecture Society
An Cnocan Dubh by Gerry Robb Architectural Design Services in Braemar
Faithlie Centre by Moxon Architects Ltd in Fraserburgh
The Restoration of St Nathalan's Kirk by LDN Architects LLP in Tullich (near Ballater)
49 to 53 Bridge Street by LDN Architects LLP in Banff
Ballater Station by Halliday Fraser Munro in Ballater
The Fife Arms Hotel by Moxon Architects Ltd in Braemar
Silversmithing Centre by Mantell Ritchie Chartered Architects in Banff
The Old Forge by Lucid Architecture in Tomindhu in Crathie
Gairnsheil Lodge by Gerry Robb Architectural Design Services in Glengairn (near Ballater)
Tower O Ess by Gerry Robb Architectural Design Services in Glen Tanar Estate