View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Innovative solutions to meeting housing need
Conceptual or completed projects that demonstrate innovation in social, sheltered and affordable housing (including smaller properties), along with cost effectiveness and sustainable design principles in their construction and long-term maintenance. Assessment of larger schemes will further consider their ability to incorporate public green spaces and landscaping within the development.
Entries for this category can be conceptual (not built) or built and will be judged within these sub-categories.
The 2020 judging panel
- The Chair and Vice Chair of Infrastructure Services Committee
- The President of the Aberdeen Society of Architects
- A Senior Casework Officer from Historic Environment Scotland
- A Scottish Natural Heritage Landscape Policy and Advice Officer
- A senior lecturer from the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture
- Final year architecture student at the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture and Joint President of the 57°10 Architecture Society
Unfortunately, none of the schemes entered under this category were taken forward, although we have requested a re-submission of one of the schemes for the next awards, so watch this space.