Ranger service guidance - Coronavirus
On this page you can find guidance by the Ranger service on safety measures for attending activity.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking extra safety measures, identified through a risk assessment, to maintain the safety of attendees, staff, volunteers and public.
If you have any questions or concerns about our COVID-19 safety measures or any other aspect of the activity, you are very welcome to get in touch. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the risk assessment for this activity we ask that attendees:
- Pay attention to the COVID-19 safety measures and risk assessment briefing given by the Ranger and ask any relevant questions before the activity begins
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from those not in your household or social bubble at all times, including at start/finish points
- Bring your own outdoor clothing, including waterproofs, refreshments, and anything else requested in the activity information
- Bring hand sanitiser and agree to use it when advised by the Ranger
- Bring a face covering in case a situation arises where social distancing can’t be maintained, for example if the Ranger needs to administer First Aid
- Provide contact details (name and telephone number) for Test and Protect contact tracing via e-mail before the event; we will hold this information for 21 days and provide it to the NHS if required
View more information on the Test and Protect scheme.
Please do not:
- Attend the activity if you have symptoms of covid-19 which include; continuous cough, fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater), loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
- Car share with other households or social bubbles to the activity
- Share equipment or food and drink with other households or social bubbles during the activity
- Do not bring dogs on the activity or leave dogs unattended in vehicles during warm or hot weather
If, after the activity, you develop the symptoms of COVID-19 you should visit NHS inform. If you cannot get online, please call 0800 028 2816. You should self-isolate at home straight away along with other members of your household.