How to apply for a Blue Badge
Find out how much a Blue Badge costs, the documents you need to provide and how to submit your application for a Blue Badge. You can find out who is eligible for a Blue Badge on our Who can get a Blue Badge page.
Cost of a Blue Badge
There is a charge of £20 for each badge issued.
Once your application is approved we will contact you by email or post to let you know how to make payment.
We will not issue a Blue Badge if you do not provide adequate evidence that you meet the eligibility requirements.
When applying for a Blue Badge you must provide:
- proof of identity such as a birth certificate or passport
- proof of address dated in the last 6 months, such as a utility bill
- a recent passport-style photograph of the person applying
Evidence is required to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the Blue Badge you apply for. You can provide a copy of any prescriptions or medical letters you may have, or other supporting documents relating to your health or disability.
If you qualify for Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Child Disability Payment or Adult Disability Payment please include proof of this alongside your application.
You can apply for a Blue Badge online, unless you are applying for a Risk In Traffic Blue Badge or an Organisational Blue Badge. To apply for a Risk In Traffic or Organisational Blue Badge please complete the appropriate application form below.
Please ensure that any application form is fully completed, and all relevant information is included.
If applying online you can upload supporting documents during the online application. If applying by email, telephone or post you can provide a copy of documentation by:
- emailing a digital copy to email@example.com
- taking your documents to the nearest service point where they will be copied and returned to you
- posting them alongside your application form
You can also apply by email or post by completing the appropriate application form:
- Automatic eligibility application form (PDF 290KB)
- Unable to walk or virtually unable to walk application form (PDF 301KB)
- Child under three years old application form (PDF 229KB)
- Driver with severe disability in both arms application form (PDF 257KB)
- Risk in Traffic application form (PDF 293KB)
- Organisation application form (PDF 241KB)
If you would like a paper copy of the form you can collect one at a service point.
You can apply over the phone by calling 03456 081208.
If you qualify for a Blue Badge without any further assessment you should get your badge in ten working days.
If you need an assessment to establish your eligibility it can take approximately twelve weeks to get your badge.
Before sending a Blue Badge you must provide all information required for your application and make payment.
Blue Badge application scams
We are aware that there are scam websites offering to help people apply for a Blue Badge. Before processing an application form please ensure you are on a verified council or government page.
We do not ask for payment up-front. We charge £20 for each successful application, and will contact you regarding taking payment once your application is successful.