Residents Permit

Residents Permits are available to those whose main residence is in an approved zone, subject to certain conditions. The permit allows residents living next to or in close proximity to a Council operated car park to park within the specified car park. Holders of a valid resident’s permit do not need to purchase a pay and display ticket when parking in the designated car park.

A permit does not “reserve” or guarantee a space available in the car park.

Permits will not be issued to owners or employees of business premises or to those whose residential property has private parking.

View car parks privacy notices.

Zoned areas where permits apply


As of 1st April 2024, the permit costs £75 per year (from 1st April to 31st March). We will ask you to pay once we have approved your application and we will contact you when that happens. 

How to apply

First time applicants and for renewal of existing permits should check if their residence is in an approved zone and if eligible for a permit by reading resident parking conditions and guidance (PDF 165KB).

Applications can be made online or by post.

In order to process your application we will need you to provide some supporting documents.

Apply for resident permit

To apply by post please complete the resident permit application form (PDF 169KB) and post it to:

Car Parks
Aberdeenshire Council
Gordon House
Blackhall Road
AB51 3WA

Supporting documents

To process your application we will need proof of your residency and this can be one of the following documents but they must be dated within last 3 months:

  • Current utility bill
  • Current bank or credit card statement
  • Mortgage agreement
  • Current tenancy agreement (must be issued by a housing association or leasing agent on headed paper)

Depending on who owns the vehicle we will also need you to provide:

  • copy of the vehicle’s DVLA Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) if you are the vehicle owner or keeper
  • copy of an insurance certificate for the vehicle showing the applicant's name, address and the vehicle registration if the vehicle is owned by somebody else but you are the keeper
  • letter from your employer (dated within the last month) confirming that the vehicle is owned or leased by the company and that you are the sole keeper

Clear copies can be attached to the paper application form or emailed to when applying online.


If you need any assistance with your application or have a general enquiry please telephone 01467 536060 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday, or email