Residents Permits are available to those whose main residence is in an approved zone, subject to certain conditions. The permit allows residents living next to or in close proximity to a Council operated car park to park within the specified car park. Holders of a valid resident’s permit do not require to purchase a pay and display ticket when parking in the designated car park.
A permit does not “reserve” or guarantee a space available in the car park.
Permits will not be issued to owners or employees of business premises or to those whose residential property has private parking.
How to apply
First time applicants and for renewal of existing permits should check if their residence is in an approved zone and if eligible for a permit by reading resident parking conditions and guidance (pdf 165KB).
Applications can be made online or by post.
In order to process your application we will need you to provide some supporting documents.
To apply by post please complete the resident permit application form (pdf 169KB) and post it to:
PO Box 18572,
To process your application we will need proof of your residency and this can be one of the following documents but they must be dated within last 3 months:
- Current utility bill
- Current bank or credit card statement
- Mortgage agreement
- Current tenancy agreement (must be issued by a housing association or leasing agent on headed paper)
Depending on who owns the vehicle we will also need you to provide:
- copy of the vehicle’s DVLA Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) if you are the vehicle owner or keeper
- copy of an insurance certificate for the vehicle showing the applicant's name, address and the vehicle registration if the vehicle is owned by somebody else but you are the keeper
- letter from your employer (dated within the last month) confirming that the vehicle is owned or leased by the company and that you are the sole keeper
Clear copies can be attached to the paper application form or emailed to email@example.com when applying online.