Area Bus Forums
Area Bus Forums were established in spring 2000 in each of Aberdeenshire Council's 6 administrative areas (details below), to act as the principal focus for consultation on public transport matters. Find out more:
The principal objectives of the Forums are to:
- discuss and review supported and commercial local bus services
- provide community and bus operator awareness of public transport needs and developments
- allow informed public scrutiny of existing and proposed service provision
- deal with requests for public transport infrastructure (bus stops, shelters etc)
- consult on public transport policies and proposals
The 6 Forums are held at accessible venues on weekday evenings, approximately every 6 months, and are grouped over a period of 4 to 6 weeks to allow decisions to be made on an equitable basis across Aberdeenshire.
The Forums are open for attendance by:
- all local Community Councils
- local business representatives
- youth groups
- senior citizen groups
- disabled interest groups
- Community Transport providers
- operators of commercial and supported bus services
- bus users
- any other individuals or groups expressing an interest in public transport
For those who are unable to access public or private transport, Aberdeenshire Council can arrange transport to and from the meetings. Please contact Local Bus Services on 01467 538138 at least 4 working days prior to the Forum to arrange this.
Due to the continuing changing situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have taken the decision to cancel the spring 2020 Local Area Bus Forums.
We will confirm the date and exact locations of meetings 1 or 2 months before each forum.
|Area||Location||Date and time|
|Garioch||Village Hall, Kemnay||Cancelled|
|Fraserburgh||Dalrymple Hall, Fraserburgh||Cancelled|
|Kincardine and Mearns||Mackie Academy, Stonehaven||Thursday, 5th March 2020, 19:30 to 21:30|
|Marr||Upper Hall, Alford Hall||Cancelled|
|Buchan||Drama Room 1, Mintlaw Academy||Cancelled|
|Banff and Macduff||Buchan Hall, Macduff||Cancelled|