Report road or street light issues
Report a pothole, footpath defect, issues with street lights, gullies, trees, road markings, untidy verges and more.
Trunk roads (A90, A96 and A92 from Stonehaven Junction to Charleston Junction) are maintained by BEAR Scotland. To report trunk road issues visit BEAR Scotland website.
Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route
AWPR – A90 from Stonehaven roundabout to Ellon South roundabout and A956 from Charleston to Cleanhill roundabout are maintained by Aberdeen Roads Limited and issues should be reported to them.
Roads maintained by the council
We repair and maintain all public roads in Aberdeenshire. You can report issues with the following to us:
- Flooding, gully and drainage
- Manhole covers
- Mud on road
- Potholes and surface
- Road signs and markings
- Slabs and kerbs
- Street and road lights, traffic lights
- Trees, vegetation and verges
- Winter maintenance
Please report the fault by phone if the issue is an immediate threat to safety. For example:
- Defects or issues that pose an immediate risk to public safety
- Carriageway defects on A roads that are greater than 100mm deep and 400mm wide
- Footway defects on narrow distributor footways that are greater than 20mm deep and 75mm wide
- Overhead cables fallen across the highway
- Structure collapse, for example bridge, culvert, wall, fences, scaffold, hoarding
- Fallen tree or branch blocking part or all the road or path
- Missing ironworks, for example manholes and gully grills
- Damaged pedestrian guardrails likely to cause injury
- Extensive flooding resulting in road being impassable
- Traffic signalled junctions or crossing, all lights out, damaged street lights, traffic signals, lit bollards and lit signs where wires are exposed
If the fault is non-dangerous, then please continue to report the issue using our online reporting from. Please don't use the form to report emergencies.