Issues with our phones
We are having intermittent issues with our phone lines. We are working with our suppliers to resolve them. If you can't get through please hang up and re-dial. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Primary school meals
Our School Catering Service provides good value meals at our primaries using carefully sourced quality ingredients. There is always a wide selection of options available from the menu.
Online payment for school meals
Please ensure there are always sufficient funds on your child’s account prior to sending them for school meals. There is a formal debt recovery process for accounts that fall into debt.
Primary school menu
View the primary menu (pdf 78KB). This menu is tailored for the first two weeks of the 2020/21 term (12th to 21st August 2020) to allow our team to plan for different scenarios when schools re-open. Find out more about school meals provision from August 2020.
Our menus meet the Nutritional Requirements for Food and Drink in Schools (Scotland) Regulations 2008. School catering to primary schools holds the Soil Association Food for Life Bronze Catering Mark guaranteeing that fresh food you can trust is always on the menu.
The benefits of having a school lunch:
- Food prepared daily by trained catering staff, many of whom are parents
- Choice of three main courses each day
- A range of sandwiches as an easy alternative to a home packed lunch
- A delicious and varied menu offering great value
- A complete school meal provides 1/3 of a child’s daily nutritional needs
We support a healthier diet with:
- A minimum of two portions of fruit and vegetables
- Reduced fat, saturated fat and salt content
- Limited sugar and sugar-based items on the menu
- Inclusion of oily fish
In addition to the main course we offer:
- At least one vegetarian option
- A selection of bread
- Salads, carbohydrates and vegetables
- A dessert choice or fresh fruit
- Freshly made soup three times a week
- Free range eggs
- Fresh meat that is Red Tractor or QMS (Quality Meat Scotland) assured
- Responsibly sourced fish landed at Peterhead
- Locally sourced ingredients wherever possible – see our video about sourcing local produce to find out more
Schools should be advised of any food allergies or medically prescribed dietary support during the school induction process or when a condition is identified. Find out more about special diets.
We are committed to providing the best service possible and invite comments and suggestions. You can email us at email@example.com.