Primary school meals
Our School Catering Service provides good value meals at our primaries using carefully sourced quality ingredients. There is always a wide selection of options available from the menu.
Online payment for school meals
Please ensure there are always sufficient funds on your child’s account prior to sending them for school meals. There is a formal debt recovery process for accounts that fall into debt.
Due to current coronavirus guidelines we require your support to restrict the handling of cash in schools to reduce the transmission of coronavirus. Please can we ask all parents to register prior to the start of term to make online payments for school meals.
Primary school menu
Schools should be advised of any food allergies or medically prescribed dietary support during the school induction process or when a condition is identified. Find out more about special diets including access to the Primary School Menu Allergen and Nutritional Information portal.
Our school meals service aspires and works to achieve the Soil Association Food for Life goals. We are proud holders of the Food for Life Bronze award and continually strive to provide a service of excellent quality in line with national standards and guidelines such as the Nutritional Requirements for Food and Drink in Schools (Scotland) Regulations 2020.
Our menus have been translated into 5 different languages for families who have English as a second language:
- Arabic – primary school menu (PDF 447KB)
- Latvian – primary school menu (PDF 311KB)
- Lithuanian – primary school menu (PDF 332KB)
- Russian – primary school menu (PDF 418KB)
- Polish - primary school menu (PDF 498KB)
- Ukrainian - primary school menu (PDF 330KB)
The benefits of having a school lunch:
- Food prepared daily by trained catering staff, many of whom are parents
- A delicious and varied menu offering great value
- Fresh soup is available daily
- Selection of main courses including a vegetarian option, all served with sides, bread and a dessert choice or fruit
We support a healthier diet with:
- A minimum of two portions of vegetable and one of fruit
- Reduced fat, saturated fat and salt content
- Limited sugar and sugar-based items on the menu
- Inclusion of oily fish
In addition to the main course we offer:
- At least one vegetarian option
- A selection of bread
- Salads, carbohydrates and vegetables
- A dessert choice or fresh fruit
- Freshly made soup three times a week
- Free range eggs
- Fresh meat that is Red Tractor or QMS (Quality Meat Scotland) assured
- Responsibly sourced fish landed at Peterhead
- Locally sourced ingredients wherever possible – see our video about sourcing local produce to find out more
We are committed to providing the best service possible and invite comments and suggestions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.