We run a telephone duty referral service, five days a week in office hours, to answer any kinship related queries.
Our kinship care service also offers:
- a bi-annual Kinship Carer newsletter
- independent support groups
- events for carers
- activities for children in kinship care
- information sessions
We produce a newsletter to tell carers about relevant services available through the Kinship Care team, other social work services and outside agencies. The newsletter includes:
- feedback about events and activities organised by the Kinship Care team, as well as information about our upcoming events
- information about the various independent support groups in Aberdeenshire
- services on offer from other organisations and changes to services available to kinship families
The newsletter is distributed twice a year to all kinship carers in Aberdeenshire.
There are two independent support groups in Aberdeenshire:
K4K (Kinship 4 Kids) Fraserburgh
Kinship for Kids (K4K) are a support group based in Fraserburgh. They offer peer support through regular meetings. The group have also done numerous fundraising events. The funds raised have been used for the benefit of the group and its members.
The group meet on the first and third Friday of each month at Fraserburgh Community Centre. For more information, or if you are interested in joining the group, please call them on 01346 513834 or email: email@example.com
The Heart of Kinship (Peterhead)
The Heart of Kinship are a support group based in Peterhead. They offer peer support through weekly meetings. The group have done fundraising events. This money has been used for group outings for the kinship carers and their families.
The group meets every Tuesday at Peterhead Community Centre. For more information or if you are interested in joining the group please contact them on 07708 666001.