Abbey Court Very Sheltered Housing
Abbey Court is a modern, purpose built very sheltered housing complex in Mintlaw. It is set in a quiet residential development close to Aden Country Park.
Unlike other very sheltered housing complexes, Abbey Court isn't specifically aimed at older people. There are tenants of various ages.
Abbey Court has 22 flats over two floors, each designed to meet the particular needs of older people or people with disabilities. Two flats have two bedrooms, the rest are one bedroom. They can all accommodate a couple.
Each flat has a:
- shower room
There is also a respite flat for respite care or short breaks.
The facilities at Abbey Court include:
- a key fob security system to enter the main building
- a communal lounge with large screen TV, music centre, DVDs and kitchen area
- daily choice of menus for lunch and supper and refreshments available all day
- a laundry for tenants to use
- 24 hour emergency call bell system throughout
- enclosed garden areas
- daily activities arranged by staff
- guest bedroom, with two single beds, for friends or family to use when visiting
- professional support in the local community for tenants eg GP, nurse or chiropody
Care and support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week based on your individual needs and choice.
A day care service runs Monday to Friday for people from Mintlaw and the surrounding area. It provides a range of activities which tenants can take part in if they wish. Activities may include, but aren't limited to:
- fun and movement
Abbey Court is maintained by Castlehill Housing Association. Flats are allocated after an assessment by Castlehill Housing Association and Aberdeenshire Council. Castlehill are responsible for flat allocations, rent setting and collection, and repairs and maintenance.
For more information about Abbey Court, or to arrange a visit, please contact the service co-ordinator on 01771 676660.