Prison based social work
We provide prison based social work services to Her Majesty's Prison (HMP) Grampian by arrangement with the Scottish Prison Service.
Our service includes:
- risk assessment to help decide a prisoner’s level of risk of re-offending and their risk of harm to the public
- preparing Parole and other reports to help with decisions about sentence management and release of a prisoner
- contributing to Integrated Case Management - an approach aimed at holistic and seamless assessment and intervention between prison and community
- liaising with community agencies and preparing prisoners for release
- facilitating behaviour change programmes with prisoners to tackle their offending behaviour