Building warrant forms
There are different building warrant forms that you may need to complete at the different stages of your project.
You can submit all types of building standards applications online through the national eBuilding Standards portal where electronic forms are available for submission. The portal will also allow the submission of any additional documentation required to process an existing application such as revised drawings or any certificate relating to completion, the required form for these is ‘additional supporting documents’.
Submit paper application
Alternatively, you can submit applications in paper. Please send them to our our correspondence address for processing.
Before you start building work:
- Form A - Application for building warrant
- Form B - Application for amendment to building warrant
- Form J - Notice regarding start of work
- Form L - Notice of intention to use an approved certifier of construction
During building work:
- Form C - Application to extend period of validity of warrant
- Form E - Application for temporary occupation or use
- Form Q - Notice of finalisation of design details (pdf 19KB)
- Change of agent (pdf 25KB)
- Change of owner (pdf 24KB)
After building work completion:
For work carried out before 1st May 2005 without obtaining warrant approval you will need to apply for a letter of comfort (pdf 106KB).
Remember that you need to submit the required fee with your Building Warrant. The fee required for each building warrant application or amendment is set nationally by the Scottish Government. It is calculated on a sliding scale depending on the estimated cost of the work.
We cannot process your application until you have paid the correct fee.
There are a number of ways to pay for building warrant applications and other services: