Contact Roads team

In addition to the challenges posed by the recent winter weather, we are targeting our resources to respond to the impact of Storm Arwen. We have redeployed staff from across to the council to: perform critical duties; staff our assistance hotline; and to provide on the ground support for our communities.We are responding to enquiries in date and priority order and as a result there may be a delay in responding to some enquiries.To help us manage these as quickly and efficiently as possible, we ask for your help to avoid calling back our Housing, Roads and Waste lines if possible, if you have already logged a request with us, and thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

View contact details for our Roads team.

Road and street lighting faults

To report road defects or street lighting faults:

Grit bins, gritting and snow clearing

To report gritting or snow clearing issues:

To request a new grit bin, get a re-fill for an existing grit bin or report a damage:


To report damage to a bridge email

Out of hours emergencies

For out of hours road emergencies contact Police Scotland on 101.

Trunk roads and AWPR

Trunk roads are maintained by BEAR Scotland. To report trunk road issues visit BEAR Scotland website.

AWPR – A90 from Stonehaven roundabout to Ellon South roundabout and A956 from Charleston to Cleanhill roundabout are maintained by Aberdeen Roads Limited. To get in contact email

Utility providers

Utility providers:

If the ownership of a damaged cover can be readily identified or if you have a complaint to make against the Utility whilst they are working on the road, please contact the relevant utility company at the number above.

General email address

If your query is in relation to any roads related item, other than those mentioned above please email

Local Roads offices

Banff and Buchan area and Buchan area
Sandyhill Road
AB45 1SD

Formartine area and Garioch area
Gordon House
Blackhall Road
AB51 3WA

Kincardine and Mearns area and Marr area
Arduthie Road
AB39 2DQ