Register of Members' Interests
Regulations made under the 2000 Act - Ethical Standards in Public Life etc. (Scotland) Act 2000 (Register of Interests) Regulations 2003 - provide for Councillors to give Notice of "Registrable Interests" as follows (references relate to paragraphs of the Councillors' Code of Conduct):
- Gifts and hospitality (3.13)
- Remuneration (4.3 to 4.11)
- Related undertakings (4.12 to 4.14)
- Contracts (4.15 and 4.16)
- Election expenses (4.17)
- Houses, land and buildings (4.18 and 4.19)
- Shares and securities (4.20)
- Non-financial interests (4.21)
The Head of Legal and Governance is the Proper Officer for the purposes of these Regulations.
The Register of Interests for each Aberdeenshire councillor can be found alongside details of councillors or inspected at Woodhill House (Reception):
The Ethical Standards in Public Life etc. (Scotland) Act 2000 introduced a new ethical framework for public life in Scotland.
The Code of Conduct for Councillors came into effect on 1st May 2003 and can be downloaded below.
The Standards Commission for Scotland is responsible for the enforcement of the Codes. It also has responsibility for issuing guidance to assist Councillors and Members in observing the Codes.
- The 2000 Act and Regulations under it can be found on the Office of Public Sector Information website
- Guidance notes and other material can be found on the Standards Commission website