Gambling licences and gaming permits
Please note that at the moment, council offices are closed and officers are working from home due to coronavirus. There may be a delay in processing paper application. Find out more about changes to licensing services.
Aberdeenshire Licensing Board's current Gambling Policy came into force in 2018 following the approval by the three former Divisional Licensing Board’s namely (North, Central and South) and this was late adopted by the current Board at their first meeting which took place on the 29th of April 2020.
The Board’s Gambling Policy has to be renewed every 3 years.
Dealing with your application
Aberdeenshire Licensing Board as the licensing authority must have regard to the statutory licensing objectives as set out in Section 1 of the Gambling Act 2005. These are:
1) Preventing Gambling from being a source of Crime or Disorder, being associated with Crime or Disorder or being used to support crime.
2) Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
3) Protecting Children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by Gambling
- Aberdeenshire Licensing Board – Statement of Licensing Principles (2019 - 2022) (pdf 719KB)
- Aberdeenshire Licensing Board – Combined Scheme of Delegation (pdf 330KB)
Gambling premises licence
The Aberdeenshire Licensing Board deals with applications for bingo halls, casinos, betting premises, adult gaming centres and family entertainment centres.
To apply, download the relevant documents below.
- Gambling premises - Application (pdf 43.7KB)
- Gambling premises - Application for Provisional Statement (pdf 45.6KB)
- Gambling premises - Vary Licence (pdf 44.0KB)
- Gambling premises - Transfer Licence (pdf 43.0KB)
- Gambling premises - Reinstate Licence (pdf 40.8KB)
- Gambling premises - Application for Provisional Statement - vessels only (pdf 43.8KB)
- Gambling Premises - Application - vessels only (pdf 46.8KB)
- Gambling premises - Guidance Notes - General (pdf 103 KB)
- Gambling premises - Guidance Notes (pdf 105 KB)
The Aberdeenshire Licensing Board deals with permits for licensed gaming machine permits and club gaming machine permits.
To apply, download the relevant documents below