Gambling, gaming and lotteries licences
Our council office at Viewmount, Stonehaven is being refurbished. Find out how the works might affect you when making a licensing application.
Aberdeenshire Licensing Board's current Gambling Policy Statement came into force in 2013 and has to be renewed every 3 year. You can download the Policy Document below.
Dealing with your Application
Aberdeenshire Licensing Boards as Licensing Authorities have regard to the statutory Licensing Objectives as set out in Section 1 of the Gambling Act 2005. These are:
1) Preventing Gambling from being a source of Crime or Disorder, being associated with Crime or Disorder or being used to support crime.
2) Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
3) Protecting Children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by Gambling
- Statement of Licensing Principles 2016 – 2019(pdf 285KB)
- Scheme of Delegation Jan 2008 - North (pdf 136KB)
- Scheme of Delegation Jan 2008 - Central (pdf 125KB)
- Scheme of Delegation Jan 2008 - South (pdf 136KB)
Gambling Premises Licence
Aberdeenshire Licensing Boards deal with applications for Bingo Halls, Casinos, Betting Premises, Adult Gaming Centres and Family Entertainment Centres
To apply, download the relevant documents below.
- Gambling premises - Application (pdf 43.7KB)
- Gambling premises - Application for Provisional Statement (pdf 45.6KB)
- Gambling premises - Vary Licence (pdf 44.0KB)
- Gambling premises - Transfer Licence (pdf 43.0KB)
- Gambling premises - Reinstate Licence (pdf 40.8KB)
- Gambling premises - Application for Provisional Statement - vessels only (pdf 43.8KB)
- Gambling Premises - Application - vessels only (pdf 46.8KB)
- Gambling premises - Guidance Notes - General (pdf 103 KB)
- Gambling premises - Guidance Notes (pdf 105 KB)
Aberdeenshire Licensing Boards deal with permits for Licensed Gaming Machine Permits and Club Gaming Machine Permits.
To apply, download the relevant documents below
The Gambling Commission has produced a new Code of Practice in relation to gaming machines. This takes effect from 31 October 2016.
Registration Small Society Lotteries
Please see documentation below for details of how and when to register for a small Society Lottery.
- Lottery - Application form (pdf 93.9KB)
- Lottery - Scheme (pdf 25KB)
- Lottery - Personal Declaration - to be completed by Promoter of a Lottery (pdf 94.2 KB)
- Lottery - Promoter - Authorisation letter (pdf 35KB)