Understanding planning advice
Under the new planning legislation, the term "supplementary guidance" has been introduced to reflect that guidance which is part of the development plan and has "material weight" in deciding planning applications. To avoid confusion with other historic advice termed "supplementary planning guidance" Aberdeenshire Council has republished all of this as "planning advice" and for ease of reference has consolidated it here in one place.
Planning advice provides best practice guidance on how to meet the requirements of the Local Development Plan and its associated supplementary guidance.
A number of Development Briefs and Masterplans were approved under the previous Local Plan as Supplementary Planning Guidance but have now been carried forward as Planning Advice under the current Local Development Plan. View Development Briefs and Masterplans.
Review of advice is a continuous process and the policy team monitor the supplementary planning guidance, and refresh it as required. The list below represents all the most up to date planning advice:
- 1/2019 Allotments (PDF 1.6MB)
- 2/2018 Fraserburgh shop fronts guide (PDF 3.23MB)
- 1/2018 SP=EED (Successful Planning = Effective Engagement and Delivery)
- 1/2017 Pipeline and Hazardous Development Consultation Zones
- 1/2015 Protected Species Surveys (PDF 50KB)
- 4/2015 Biodiversity and Development (PDF 1.4MB)
- 5/2015 Opportunities for Biodiversity enhancement (PDF 363KB)
- 6/2015 Baseline Ecological survey (PDF 114KB)
- 7/2015 Bats and Development (PDF 323KB)
- 9/2015 Buffer Strips (PDF 186KB)
- 10/2015 Outdoor Access and Development (PDF 983KB)
- 11/2015 Trees and Development (PDF 513KB)
- 12/2015 Protected trees Guidance (PDF 213KB)
- 13/2015 Landscape Design Guidance (PDF 331KB)
- 1 /2014 Strategic Landscape Capacity for windfarms
- 3 /2014 The sequential approach to retail site selection (PDF 20 KB)
- 5 /2012 Energetica draft (PDF 2MB)
- 6 /2012 Design (PDF 4.2MB) and Technical Advice Note (PDF 522KB)
- 7 /2012 Masterplanning (PDF 422KB)
- 8 /2012 Settlement Character (PDF 119KB)
- 12/2012 Landscape Character Advice for Small Scale Development
- 1 /2010 Timber in construction: Using local timber in sustainable construction - Guidance for North Scotland (PDF 1316KB)
- 2 /2010 Microgeneration (PDF 931KB)
- 1 /2008 Providing Drainage for New Development Where Public Sewers are not Available (PDF 163KB)
- 1 / 2006 Biomass Energy in Developments (PDF 410KB)
- 1 /2005 Use of wind energy in Aberdeenshire Guidance for developers (PDF 1320KB)
- 2 2005 Use of wind energy in Aberdeenshire Guidance for assessing wind energy developments( PDF 1598KB)
In addition in 2015 the Economic Development function have provided advice on obtaining community benefits from renewable energy developments, including wind turbines. View our 1 /2004 Retail Impact Assessment (PDF 211KB).