Day services for adults with disabilities
Our Adult Day Services are for people over 16 with learning disabilities and additional support needs who are eligible for Social Work Services. The services are designed to build on your abilities, support you with making choices and developing skills. Where possible they are provided in your local community.
Adult Day Services can offer you lots of opportunities to:
- learn new skills - such as computing, cookery, photography, journalism
- improve and develop the skills you already have
- gain skills which could lead to employment or volunteering
- develop social skills
- become more independent
- try new experiences
- make new friends
- experience relaxation therapy
- do something for your local community
Community based Day Services
We have six community based services in Aberdeenshire. Each service offers a different selection of community based activities depending on local demand and opportunity.
Find out about the day opportunities at each community based service:
- Banff Day Opportunities
- Fraserburgh Day Opportunities
- Buchan Day Opportunities - Peterhead, Mintlaw and surrounding areas
- Ellon Day Opportunities
- Inverurie DAYS (Day Activity with support)
- South Aberdeenshire Day Services
Shared Lives Scheme
The Shared Lives Scheme gives adults with disabilities the opportunity to have a placement in a person’s home. The Shared Lives Carer provides support based in and around their home and community. Shared Lives can improve confidence and a sense of belonging, as well as giving the chance for making friends.
Find out more about the Shared Lives Scheme.