Household bin collections
We operate a weekly kerbside collection service across households. View the food waste and recycling service leaflet (PDF 770KB) for additional information.
What and when we collect
We are rolling out changes to waste and recycling services. This means that collection frequency and types of bins differ across Aberdeenshire as some households have already been:
- moved to a 3-weekly collection cycle
- given an orange-lidded bin
View collection details for the 3-weekly cycle and orange-lidded bin.
If you are still on a 2-weekly collection cycle, your collection day for refuse and recycling is on the same day on alternate weeks:
- Recycling week 1 - blue-lidded bin
- Refuse week 2 - black bin
- Food caddy and battery bags collected weekly
If you have the myAberdeenshire app, you can get reminders when your bins are due for collection.
What to put in each bins
If you don't have an orange-lidded bin yet, here is what you can put in each waste container:
- blue-lidded recycling bin: paper, card and cardboard, metal tins, cans, aerosols and foil, food and drink cartons, plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- black refuse bin: non-recyclable waste only
- food caddy: tea bags and coffee grounds, out-of-date food including meat and fish, plate scrapings and leftovers, meal preparation waste, compostable food packaging, compostable coffee cups, compostable cutlery
We don't collect:
- garden waste - you can bring it to recycling centres
- glass, bottles and jars - you can take them to glass and textiles recycling points
A to Z of waste and recyclable items
Check if there are any disruptions to bin collections before reporting a missed bin.
If you put your rubbish out correctly and we still didn't empty your bins, please report a missed bin collection.