Alford recycling centre
From 28th November 2022 you no longer need a booking to visit Alford recycling centre. There is no pedestrian access. Find out more about trial changes at recycling centres.
Location and site layout
- Monday 9am to 4.30pm
- Friday 9am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4.30pm
Our opening times might change over Christmas and New Year.
Pedestrian access has been removed as pedestrians can't be safely separated from the vehicles.
Items accepted at the Alford centre:
- batteries (household and car)
- blue bin recycling
- bulky items
- cooking oil
- electrical appliances (anything with a plug or batteries)
- engine oil
- fluorescent tubes (including energy-saving light bulbs)
- garden waste
- gas cylinders
- glass bottles and jars
- polystyrene expanded (EPS) (please break up any large lengths of polystyrene before taking this to the household recycling centre)
- rubble and ceramics
- scrap metal
- soil and turf
- wood (including treated)
- non-recyclable waste
View a more detailed list of items we accept and what to do with items we don't accept. You can also view a list of materials accepted at all our recycling centres (PDF 83KB).
What you can collect
You can collect the following recycling equipment from the centre:
- battery bags
- food caddy liners
- indoor blue food waste caddies
- green outdoor food caddies
- bin straps