Westhill recycling centre
Visits to the Westhill recycling centre are strictly by booking. Find out more about trial changes at recycling centres.
Location and site layout
View location on a map
View site layout (PDF 65KB)
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm
- Friday 9am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4.30pm
Our opening times might change over Christmas and New Year.
Book a visit
Find out how to make a booking and what measures are in place.
Book a slot at a household recycling centre
Pedestrian access without booking daily 12.00-12.30pm. This is for those without a vehicle only - please do not park your vehicle outside the centre and walk in as this causes spillages and issues for passing traffic.
We temporarily can't accept electrical items due to fire at the reprocessing company we work with.
Items accepted at the Westhill centre:
- batteries (household and car)
- blue bin recycling
- bulky items
- cooking oil
- Currently not accepted: electrical appliances (anything with a plug or batteries)
- engine oil
- fluorescent tubes (including energy-saving light bulbs)
- garden waste
- gas cylinders
- glass bottles and jars
- polystyrene expanded (EPS) (please break up any large lengths of polystyrene before taking this to the household recycling centre)
- rubble and ceramics
- scrap metal
- soil and turf
- wood (including treated)
- non-recyclable waste
View a more detailed list of items we accept and what to do with items we don't accept. You can also view a list of materials accepted at all our recycling centres (PDF 83KB).
What you can collect
You can collect the following recycling equipment from the centre:
- battery bags
- food caddy liners
- indoor blue food waste caddies
- green outdoor food caddies
- bin straps