Insch recycling centre
Due to staff absences the site is closed on 28th March 2023.
Visits to the Insch recycling centre are strictly by booking. Find out more about trial changes at recycling centres.
Location and site layout
View location on a map
View site layout (PDF 87KB)
- Tuesday 9am to 12.30pm and 1.00pm to 4.30pm
- Saturday 9am to 12.30pm and 1.00pm to 4.30pm
Our opening times might change over Christmas and New Year.
Book a visit
Find out how to make a booking and what measures are in place.
Book a slot at a household recycling centre
Pedestrian access without booking daily 12.00-12.30pm. This is for those without a vehicle only - please do not park your vehicle outside the centre and walk in as this causes spillages and issues for passing traffic.
We temporarily can't accept electrical items due to fire at the reprocessing company we work with.
Items accepted at the Insch centre:
- batteries (household and car)
- blue bin recycling
- cooking oil
- Currently not accepted: electrical appliances (anything with a plug or batteries)
- fluorescent tubes (including energy-saving light bulbs)
- garden waste
- gas cylinders
- scrap metal
- untreated wood
- non-recyclable waste
View a more detailed list of items we accept and what to do with items we don't accept. You can also view a list of materials accepted at all our recycling centres (PDF 83KB).
What you can collect
You can collect the following recycling equipment from the centre:
- battery bags
- food caddy liners
- indoor blue food waste caddies
- green outdoor food caddies
- bin straps